TMC broadband DSL Service
TMC broadband DSL residential service consists
of the following service elements:
- Asymmetric service speeds, where the
connection from the end-user to the Internet
backbone (upstream) is at a lower speed
than the connection from the Internet backbone.
- Service configuration for dynamic IP
addresses; the IP addresses themselves are
- The local loop is shared between the
CO and the Telecom Egypt telephones service:
the DSL service uses higher frequencies
than the voice band. However , a splitter
must be installed on the customer's premises
to separate the line between voice and DSL.
Both services can be used independently
as well as simultaneous without one influencing
the other dedicated
- 'Always on' connection : the connection
between the end-user and the Service Provider's
network is available as long as the necessary
peripheral equipment is installed correctly
and is turned on.
TMC broadband DSL services can be delivered
if the following criteria are met:
- The end-user needs to be located in an
area that is served by a CO where an installed
and operated DSLAM.
- The quality of the copper line is high
enough. The quality of the line can only
be tested after the local loop has been
- The length of the line between the customer
promises and the CO to which it connects
does not exceed 5 km.